Thursday, April 24, 2014

Finalized Dates for Summer Sewing Workshops!

Thanks so much for all of your feedback! Looks like things are getting geared up and I'm excited about this Summer's sewing workshops. Here are the finalized dates. As you've noticed I've shifted all workshops to Thursday-Saturday per your requests. I know that makes for a much easier travel schedule. Also, I've posted class descriptions below. Thanks to all who have registered. Remember, workshop spaces are limited so you want to register right away. Remember the registration deadline is May 20th.  UPDATED 6/21/14: Registration is OPEN until classes fill up. Please register at least 7 days until the event. A 50% class deposit is due upon time of registration. Please email me at GentlemanJimMT@gmail.com to do so.


2014 Summer Sewing Workshop Schedule


Tailored Jackets ------------June 5-7 (Thur-Sat)
           Pants Fitting/Construction-----June 19-20 (Thur-Sat)
             Master Skill Sharpening ----------July 10-12 (Thur-Sat)
    Tailored Jackets-------------July 24-26 (Thur-Sat)
         Tailored Coats (outerwear)--August 7-9 (Thur-Sat)
     TBD*------------------------August 21-23 (Thur-Sat)
*I'm taking suggestions for this class. Let me know your ideas!!!!    
             

Class Descriptions:

Tailored Jackets                         cost $550 (regularly $695)
-You can wear jackets for most occasions and in all seasons. They're one of the most versatile clothing items. Come learn how to properly fit a jacket and sew it. Jackets can be made with relative ease. When you know the time saving techniques you can build structure into a jacket and still get professional results. You'll learn how to properly mix machine and hand sewing to achieve super results, which supplies to use, etc. This workshop will have you feeling confident about sewing jackets!!!

Pants Construction/Fitting          cost $550 (regularly $695)
-I've heard from the masses on how frustrated they are with properly fitting and sewing pants. That's what compelled me to come out with my Pants DVD where I demonstrate that pants can be sewn in less than 3 hours. This workshop will focus on taking the correct pants measurements, selecting the right pattern an altering it to get a great fit. Students will learn how to conform any pants pattern to their shape. They will be able to make a muslin and sew up a pair of pants to even wear home if they like. This workshop will provide invaluable information. Are you tired of pants fitting/sewing frustrations. Well come to this workshop so I can help you resolve those issues!

Master Skill Sharpening                cost $375 (regularly $550)
-This is an EXCELLENT workshop for the beginner, intermediate or advanced sewer a like! I highly recommend this for everyone. So many times we settle into fitting and sewing methods and need a fresh new approach to how we do things. We pick up sewing techniques here and there and to be truthful alot of them aren't the most time efficient. This class is all about my tailoring tricks! As a Master tailor of 53+ years of experience I'll show you pattern manipulation and sizing methods. You'll also learn how to convert patterns into different styles. I'll show you how to properly cut out patterns, align plaids and patterns. In addition I'll introduce you to my sewing techniques. Also, bring all of your questions and clothing items you've had trouble sewing so we can resolve those issues. This will be a fun and interactive workshop you won't forget!

Tailored Coats                               cost $550 (regularly $695)
-This will probably be the only coat workshop you will ever need to take! Not to be too forward but I've been making professionally tailored coats for over 50 years and I know what it takes to get a superbly fitted and finished coat. Learn all of my time-saving and tailoring techniques. With the information gained in this workshop you'll be able to confidently sew coats for yourself and family members for years to come!


For additional workshop questions and answers visit my blog post HERE http://finetailoringbyjim.blogspot.com/2014/04/summer-summer-workshop-question-and.html

Also, to go ahead an enroll in the workshops please email me GentlemanJimMT@gmail.com to get the ball rolling! Remember the registration deadline is May 20th. I look forward to seeing each of you this Summer!

Please pass this info on to your sewing buddies and sewing guilds!


3 comments:

  1. Probably won't be able to attend workshops this summer. Hoping you will continue to offer these teachings and continue to offer DVD's also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i have reading out and i will definitely bookmark your site, just wanted to say i liked this article.

    Tailored Coat Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to attend however I am unable to do so this summer. Is there any chance you would be doing either a Craftsy series of classes or dvd in the future?

    ReplyDelete