You know lining pants is super easy and definitely extends the wear of your pants in critical areas. I line nearly all of my pants. Here's a quick tip on how to make a partial pant lining (from waist to mid thigh). You don't even have to fiddle with the original pants pattern. Just work directly with your cut out pants fabric pieces!
1. Just place your cut out pants (front and back) on top of your double layer lining fabric.
2. Fold the pants leg up to where you want the lining to stop.
3. Measure from waist to fold end on and from the crotch to fold end for both the front and back pattern pieces. Make sure they're both even so you know you're cutting the linings for both the front and back pattern pieces the same length.
4. Trace the pattern onto the lining fabric or just cut it out.
5. You can now add the lining to the pants fabric. You can serge it on to treat it as one fabric and continue with you pants construction.
You see making a partial pants lining is super easy!!!!