Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tailor Stereotypes

It's often said that you can tell a good hairdresser by how bad her hair looks. She spends all of her time taking care of her clients hair that there's little left for her to do her own. Of course that's not a proven truth and is mostly is a humorous stereotype. But what is true is that even though I spend countless of hours making clothes for others to look professional and their very best. There's just something refined about a fitted suit jacket on a man or woman. Or a nice tailored pair of pants. It can make them look and feel like a million bucks.
 I like to look the same way as well. So my uniform of choice is always a nice crisp shirt, polo, or vest and a pair of tailored pants. That's what I wear everyday and have been doing for decades. This is the professionalism I want all of my clients to see. I appreciate having the opportunity to help people look their very best. And I appreciate having the skill to be able to do the same for myself. Here'a  picture of a a full suit I made myself a few years back. As you can see suits and vests are indeed my specialty.
 I may not know of all of the "tailor stereotypes" that exist out there (I know the "always wearing the tape measure around the neck" is one) but what I do know is I love to do work for my clients and I equally love create for myself.


9 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found out about your blog from the blog The Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing, and I have already put your blog down to follow. I'm looking forward to reading more! I admit to being more than a bit jealous that I live way too far away to take classes with you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Same as above - I also wish I were closer to take classes with you. I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following your blog. I also came here from Ten Thousand Hours and wish I were able to take classes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see more. I found your blog through The Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog...via Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog so far. Sad that I live so far from Savannah--I would love to take classes with you. Hope you plan to make instructional dvd's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking mighty dapper Mr. Jim. I too was referred by Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing. I'm looking forward to soaking up whatever knowledge you're willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel honored to have found you through Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing. What a blessing to have you here to teach the lost art of Tailoring. I hope you will offer some weekend or 1 week courses for those of us who live in other states to be able to learn from the greatest. I posted your blog on FB too! Thank you for your talent, passion and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made that? Suave and debonair is all that I can say. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete